Students... Executive... What?
The running of W963 / University Radio Warwick is overseen by a bunch of hooligans known as the
executive. This comprises between 5 and 12 (depending on the year) members of the station, elected
by a General Meeting of all the members of the station.
The executive positions that currently exist are:
- Station Manager
- who is the head of the Executive Committee. The Station Manager shall co-ordinate the members of the Executive Committee and inform all relevant external bodies of the activities of W963.
- who is directly responsible for the administration of any Grant from the Union to W963 and shall be responsible for the administration of any other income or expenditure from W963's funds.
- Programme Controller
- who is responsible for the allocation of airtime, the training of potential presenters and for ensuring that the station meets the requirements laid down by all relevant bodies.
- Chief Engineer
- who is responsible for maintenance of existing equipment and installation of new equipment.
- Head of Music
- who is responsible for a regular liaison with record companies, ensuring a supply of recorded material, its collection and cataloguing.
(This position used to be known as "Record Liason Officer" although the job duties were pretty much identical).
- Marketing Manager
- who is responsible for:
- Publicising the activities of W963.
- Organising the sale, production and trafficking of advertisements.
- Ensuring that the station meets the advertising requirements laid down by the relevant bodies.
- I.T. Manager
- who is responsible for maintenance of the society's computers and their related software.
- News Editor
- who is responsible for the content of news programmes.
- Sports Editor
- who is responsible for the content of sports programmes.
- Features Editor
- who is responsible for the content of features programmes.
- who is responsible for administrative duties.
... and those that have gone before:
- Arts Editor
- who was responsible for the content of "Artifacts" or the weekly arts show, whatever it was called that week.
- Films Editor
- who was Guy Thomson, who was irresponsible, who went to films free on the pretense of reviewing them on W963, hence the post.
- Advertising Manager
- who was responsible for organising the sale, production and trafficking of advertisements; and ensuring that the station meets the advertising requirements laid down by the relevant bodies.
- Publicity Officer
- who was responsible for organising the publicity for W963, and raising awarness of the station.
- Record Liason Officer
- pretty much the same as Head of Music